Music I love

Monday 19 November 2012

Sleigh bells ring







Ta da!

Sleigh bells is FINISHED!

Now to move on to working on another piece that

is definitely not on linen.

I loved the feeling of working on Linen but honestly there were so many mistakes

I felt such a failure!

So, a picture of a very imperfect piece of sewing is coming your way

after the trip to the framers.

Can you believe that Christmas is almost here?

I can't!

This year has flown past so quickly .

My next project is this one and you can see the finished work here at

All the beautiful things . It's a lovely blog by Loreta that I think you will enjoy.

I'm doing the picture of the little girl holding the paper chain that says * Joyeaux Noel*.

The pattern is from a French designer that I love , Zaza Pique

you can find her beautiful patterns here.

Hope you are well dears

and not too stressed at the thought of Christmas just around the corner

Love and stitches

Anita 


3 comments:

  1. Anita, I'm so sorry that you haven't had a good experience with linen, what count were you using? 28ct is always an easier one to start with, as the holes are easier to see. Wish I lived near you and was able to help you out in person. Do try evenweave for a bit then maybe linen will be better after that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicola!
    I loved the feeling of the linen.
    I too, wish I had a friend like you closer who could give me some friendly advice!
    I've just started another Christmas piece and it's on 18 count evenweave, it definitely has a softer feel than Aida, and it's easier to work on lol.
    Maybe I'll be brave enough to go back to Linen on my next piece lol
    Love to you ,
    Anita xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, please feel free to e-mail me if you want any advice at any time, and I'll do my best to help you out through cyber space. my e-mail address is nicola.lumley@ntlworld.com It's also in my profile on my blog.

    Nicola

    ReplyDelete